Announcing our 2013-2014 Event Internship Program
Spring/Summer 2013 “Rockstar” Event Interns
Fall/ Spring 2014 “Rockstar” Event Interns
Summary of Primary Job Functions:
This is a hands on, hit-the-ground running internship- perfect for someone who seeks a challenging and rewarding event planning and marketing opportunity and is eager to learn. The successful candidate will learn event planning best practices, event design, research, marketing, business and sales training for the Raleigh- Durham territory for Virtue Event Planning & Consulting, Inc.
This position can be virtual and used as a part-time internship for university/ college students (preferably in their junior or senior year). We will accept graduate students that are interested. The applicant must major in one of the following areas: Meeting and Event Planning, Hospitality and Tourism, Communications, Emerging Media, Public Relations, Business, Fashion, Interior Design or Marketing to apply for this position.
What You Will Achieve:
- A real life platform to practice your skills, get involved with live situations and practice problem solving capability.
- Valuable experience working with a small business.
- Credible references and job recommendations in the industry.
- Interns will have free access to the Virtue webinar series (valued at $1,497.00)
- This is an un-paid internship however based on productivity: Interns will receive a stipend by working events contracted through Virtue Event Planning.
Attributes of the desired applicant:
- Must possess Massive Creativity.
- Be Energetic.
- Great Attention to Detail.
- Be Organized.
- Possess Extraordinary Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
- Ability to Multi-task.
- Be Driven.
- Possess Great Telephone Skills.
- Be Coachable.
- Laser Focus on Efficiency and bottom line results.
- Unwavering Commitment to an Outstanding Customer Experience.
- Be a Hustler.
- Be able to Think Quick on Your Feet.
- Be a good Representation of the Attributes of Virtue.
- Be Self-motivated.
- Have a Great Sense of Humor (**this is required).
- Be Responsible.
- Have a Great Attitude and Infectious Personality.
- Be Authentic.
- Professional and edgy demeanor.
- Be personable and fun to work with.
- Desire to succeed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, WordPress and HTML knowledge a plus.
- Internet and Cell phone access.
- Intermediate to Masterful knowledge on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Pintrest.
- Minimum of 10 hours per week.
If you are interested, here’s what you do:
- Email your resume along with a cover letter explaining how and why you’re an ideal candidate for this position based on our needs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A writing sample.
- Like us on www.facebook.com/virtueevents and put a post on our page telling us which Virtue attribute describes you best. (Short videos are welcome)
- Follow us on www.twitter.com/virtueevents and talk to us about your interest in our internship program using the hash tag #virtuerockstars