Fall 2015/ Spring 2016
Summer 2016/ Fall 2016
Social Media Marketing
Summary of Primary Job Functions:
This is a hands on, hit-the-ground running internship- perfect for someone who seeks a challenging and rewarding event planning and marketing opportunity and is eager to learn. The successful candidate will learn event planning best practices, event design, research, marketing, business training for the Raleigh- Durham territory for Virtue Event Planning & Consulting, Inc.
This position can be virtual and used as a part-time internship for university/ college students (preferably in their junior or senior year). We will accept graduate students that are interested. The applicant must major in one of the following areas: Meeting and Event Planning, Hospitality and Tourism, Communications, Emerging Media, Public Relations, Business, Fashion, Interior Design or Marketing to apply for this position.
What You Will Achieve:
- A real life platform to practice your skills, get involved with live situations and practice problem solving capability.
- Valuable experience working with a small business.
- Credible references and job recommendations in the industry.
- Interns will have free access to the Virtue webinar series (valued at $1,497.00)
- This is an un-paid internship however based on productivity: Interns will receive a stipend by working events contracted through Virtue Event Planning.
Attributes of the desired applicant:
- Must possess Massive Creativity.
- Be Energetic.
- Great Attention to Detail.
- Be Organized.
- Possess Extraordinary Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
- Ability to Multi-task.
- Be Driven.
- Possess Great Telephone Skills.
- Be Coachable.
- Laser Focus on Efficiency and bottom line results.
- Unwavering Commitment to an Outstanding Customer Experience.
- Be a Hustler.
- Be able to Think Quick on Your Feet.
- Be a good Representation of the Attributes of Virtue.
- Be Self-motivated.
- Have a Great Sense of Humor (**this is required).
- Be Responsible.
- Have a Great Attitude and Infectious Personality.
- Be Authentic.
- Professional and edgy demeanor.
- Be personable and fun to work with.
- Desire to succeed.
- Familiar with Apple products.
- Superb phone etiquette.
- Superb editing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress and HTML knowledge a plus.
- Ability to analyze social media statistics.
- Ability to design web/ print communications.
- Internet and Cell phone access.
- Intermediate to Masterful knowledge on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
- Minimum of 10 hours per week.
If you are interested, here’s what you do:
- Email your resume along with a cover letter explaining how and why you’re an ideal candidate for this position based on our needs to firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing the form here.
- A writing sample.
- Like us on www.facebook.com/virtueevents
- Follow us on www.twitter.com/virtueevents
Here’s what some a few of our Rockstar Alumni had to say about our program:
Ashlee Wiley, UNC-Greensboro
The Virtue Rock Star internship program has not only broadened my background in the event planning industry, but has also given me the opportunity to learn how to build and develop a business in a new market. I am now extremely familiar with the procedures that go into reaching out to prospective clients, generating event timelines, and prosecuting all of the necessary administrative and marketing duties that are implemented in order to run an event planning business. Most importantly, I have grown as an individual, learning how to take the horse by the reigns and confidently handling anything that may be thrown my direction. I thoroughly enjoyed working with Joye, and am grateful that she took me under her wing. In addition to gaining experience, I also gained a life-long friend, mentor, and confidant. I highly recommend that you become a Virtue Rock Star!
Shelby Fischer, East Carolina University
I had the pleasure of being a 2014 Rockstar Intern at Virtue Event Planning & Consulting, Inc. The experience was an amazing opportunity where I not only met amazing people; I learned valuable lessons throughout the extent of my internship.
Prior to my internship, I had very little professional knowledge of the event-planning realm. Throughout the internship, founder and owner, Joye Speight, provided great knowledge and opportunity to utilize that knowledge hands on. I appreciated that I was able to learn of new techniques and procedures to accomplish a flawless event, leaving clients extremely delighted with the final outcomes. Throughout my internship, I really appreciated the hard work and dedication it took to successfully create a client’s vision while keeping true to the company’s brand.
I was able to expand my event planning experience, while being able to utilize my social media knowledge to the benefit of the company. Throughout my experience with Joye Speight, I could see her passion and love towards event planning and towards the company.
I am extremely appreciated of being provided the opportunity to intern at Virtue Event Planning & Consulting, Inc. I will always be a Rockstar Intern!
Breonna McDuffie, UNC – Chapel Hill
What attracted me to Virtue was the aesthetic. I love bright colors and the brand was incredibly strong. What really made me move across the country from California to North Carolina, was Joye herself and I really felt comfortable right off the bat. Joye is like a mother figure and mentor at the same time and the culture of the company is like a tight-knit family. As soon as I drove my car across the country, Joye wanted to meet for lunch and just took me under her wing. One of the most memorable experiences that I had with Virtue was being encouraged to explore diversity. Virtue has the most diverse clientele and staff, and I got the opportunity to meet all sorts of people from different races, religious, economic, social and cultural backgrounds. It was so refreshing to meet and learn so much from such different people. I learned so much during this internship that as a result the opportunities that have presented themselves have been amazing! Looking back at the experience, I learned how to stand on my own two feet, as well as work in a professional environment, understand the anatomy of how to create and execute and event and how to work with a diverse group of clients. My favorite parts of working with Virtue was enjoying the “perks” I got to go to the U.S. Open in Pinehurst and it was one of the best moments of my life. I highly recommend working with Virtue.
Kathryn Reale, University of the Pacific
I really enjoyed being a Rockstar Intern, I learned a lot about how to be an event planner and have to plan various types of events. The experiences that I learned could not be learned in school; it had to be learned here on the job. I am much more confident now by watching Joye and how confident she is in her business, and I feel that I have gained confidence by just being around her. I’m grateful for the opportunity to work with Virtue and I wouldn’t trade my experiences for any other internship.
Dionna Pearson, UNC- Greensboro